At This Week’s Market
Rain or shine, the weekly markets are on!
We run every Saturday from the beginning of June to early October.
Each week, our vendors can vary – but you’ll always be guaranteed a great time and fantastic produce and products. Make sure to check our Facebook page for any late breaking changes to our weekly lineup.
What’s on this week? Well, just click on our Market Map (right) for a printable version of this week’s market – who’s attending and where you can find them.
Coronavirus-19 July 25 Update: With the recent uptick in cases on Vancouver Island, we’ll be adhering strictly to the protocols released by the Provincial Health Officer – so bring your patience, because the wait time might be a little longer!
Before you arrive:
- Please have only one person from your household attend the market if possible.
- As well, our heath officer has decreed no dogs.
- There will be no public access to washrooms. Please plan accordingly.
- We cannot accept egg carton returns at this time.
At the market:
- There is only one entrance to the vendor area and we ask customers to join the entrance queue in the parking lot in front of the St. Aiden’s United Church building. It will be a learning curve for all of us as we become accustomed to this new way of operating.
- We are following all provincial physical distancing requirements, so please stay six feet away from the person in front of you in the line. And please be patient and kind with our volunteers who will be doing their best to see that the line moves as quickly as possible.
- Once inside the market, please follow the route set out in the weekly Market Map (at right) that requires shoppers to flow in one direction only.
- We are allowing lineups of no more than two customers per vendor, also separated by six feet.
- All vendors will have two staff – one handling products and the other dealing with payment.
- We know it’s tempting stop for a chat with your friends or the vendors but unfortunately this is not the moment to do so. We ask that you stay focused on your shopping so that we can reduce crowding and wait times for everyone. Shop and Go.
Finally, to help reduce congestion and lineups, we’re also encouraging people to pre-order produce during the week ahead, and then coming around for pick-up at the market. Scroll down for more information on this.
Vendors & Pre-Ordering
Meet our vendors and explore the produce and products they bring to our market. Everyone shown below will be at this week’s market (note: effective noon on the Friday before).
Starting this year, some of our vendors will be accepting pre-orders, and we encourage you to pre-order the produce you want (where available). Not all vendors will be offering this, but the more you use it, the more vendors will come on board. To pre-order, simply:
- find your vendor
- use their email link to send them an email with your order
- stop by the market on the following Saturday to pay for and pick up your order (please pick up your order by 11:00am or the produce you ordered may be released for purchase by others)
Also look for an email link from vendors who want to hear from you with your comments and questions.
August 8: Look for scallions; beets; parsley; cherry tomatoes; sun dried tomatoes; cultivated blackberries and the usual spicy bagged salad mixes
The Pye Patch
August 8: Eggs (Blue, green, brown), Fresh baked White Bread – 2lb and 11/2 lb sandwich loaf, Onions, Carrots, Basil, Yellow squash, beets & cucumbers.
Little Maple Farms
August 8: This week we’ll have our usual fare (garlic for every taste!) along with our Tom Tom Chutney, purple beans, green cauliflower and sweet pea bundles
August 8: Tomatoes (including Sun Gold!), Beans, eggplant, basil, garlic, sweet and hot peppers, onions, spaghetti squash, cukes, zucchini, pattypans, red kuri squash, blueberries, blackberries
Red Damsel Farm
August 8: We’ll have fabulous farm fresh eggs from hens pastured in the orchard, raised on Canadian grown whole grains and farm veg, beautiful tomatoes and vegetables
Two Willows Farm
August 8: Garlic and Garlic braids, Potatoes, Salad Mix, Arugula, Romaine, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Beans, Basil, Squash, Beets, Carrots and Walla Walla Onions
August 8: Marilyn will miss this market, but will be back for one more market appearance on Aug.15
Community Bake Table
August 8: Seedy Crackers, Sweet and Savoury Scones, Baguettes & Blueberry & Morning Glory Muffins from Flour Power; bread from Baker’s Acre (San Francisco Style, & Scarborough Fair Sourdough); frozen sourdough cinnamon maple sticky buns; Oakwind blueberries and Mt. St. Michael’s raspberries.
South Island Fishing
August 8: Yup! One more week of Spot Prawns from South Island Fishing! Google ‘Spot Prawn Eggs Benny’, a recipe that is highly encouraged! $30 cash only.
August 8: Find her Simply Strawberry jam made with local spray free strawberries from Galey Farms. Also her best seller – Raspberry Lemon Jamalade!
Also on hand…
- The Church’s bakery table is open. There will be many options including muffins and date squares to eat on your way out!
Contact Us… Find Us
The North Saanich Farm Market is located at Saint John’s United Church, 10990 West Saanich Road in North Saanich. Our season runs from June 6 to October 10, every Saturday morning from 9:30—11:30.