At This Week’s Market
Rain or shine, the weekly markets are on!
We run every Saturday from the beginning of June to early October.
Each week, our vendors can vary – but you’ll always be guaranteed a great time and fantastic produce and products. Make sure to check our Facebook page for any late breaking changes to our weekly lineup.
What’s on this week? Well, just click on our Market Map (right) for a printable version of this week’s market – who’s attending and where you can find them.
Coronavirus-19 July 25 Update: With the recent uptick in cases on Vancouver Island, we’ll be adhering strictly to the protocols released by the Provincial Health Officer – so bring your patience, because the wait time might be a little longer!
Before you arrive:
- Please have only one person from your household attend the market if possible.
- As well, our heath officer has decreed no dogs.
- There will be no public access to washrooms. Please plan accordingly.
- We cannot accept egg carton returns at this time.
At the market:
- There is only one entrance to the vendor area and we ask customers to join the entrance queue in the parking lot in front of the St. Aiden’s United Church building. It will be a learning curve for all of us as we become accustomed to this new way of operating.
- We are following all provincial physical distancing requirements, so please stay six feet away from the person in front of you in the line. And please be patient and kind with our volunteers who will be doing their best to see that the line moves as quickly as possible.
- Once inside the market, please follow the route set out in the weekly Market Map (at right) that requires shoppers to flow in one direction only.
- We are allowing lineups of no more than two customers per vendor, also separated by six feet.
- All vendors will have two staff – one handling products and the other dealing with payment.
- We know it’s tempting stop for a chat with your friends or the vendors but unfortunately this is not the moment to do so. We ask that you stay focused on your shopping so that we can reduce crowding and wait times for everyone. Shop and Go.
Finally, to help reduce congestion and lineups, we’re also encouraging people to pre-order produce during the week ahead, and then coming around for pick-up at the market. Scroll down for more information on this.
Vendors & Pre-Ordering
Meet our vendors and explore the produce and products they bring to our market. Everyone shown below will be at this week’s market (note: effective noon on the Friday before).
Starting this year, some of our vendors will be accepting pre-orders, and we encourage you to pre-order the produce you want (where available). Not all vendors will be offering this, but the more you use it, the more vendors will come on board. To pre-order, simply:
- find your vendor
- use their email link to send them an email with your order
- stop by the market on the following Saturday to pay for and pick up your order (please pick up your order by 11:00am or the produce you ordered may be released for purchase by others)
Also look for an email link from vendors who want to hear from you with your comments and questions.
Abeille Amour Apiaries
September 26: They’re back this week! An opportunity to try their outstanding local honey and homemade, double-fold vanilla.
September 26: Lots of tomatoes and beans, eggplant, basil, garlic, sweet and hot peppers, pumpkins, onions, spaghetti squash, cukes, zucchini, pattypans, winter squash, and eggs
Cheeky Robin Designs
September 26: They won’t be at the Sept. 26th market.
Marilyn will not be attending any more markets this year (they’ve had difficulty sourcing fabrics due to the pandemic restrictions), but check in with us at the Community Table to see about contacting her for specific requests
September 26: Look for crisp apples and sweet apple cider, potatoes, snap peas; green and yellow beans; scallions; beets; parsley; cherry tomatoes; sun dried tomatoes; and the usual spicy bagged salad mixes
September 26: Invinity is away this week but if you can’t wait until their next appearance and want to order direct from them, just click on the button below to contact them!
Little Acre Soap
September 26: Elise is not back for the Sept. 26th market – stay posted for her next appearance with a generous selection of soaps. Look out for ‘New Day’ soap, which contains a combination of orange, lemongrass, pink grapefruit and lime – bright and refreshing just in time for summer!
Little Maple Farms
September 26: Stephen is back this week with broccoli, bagged mixed salads, and an astounding selection of garlic – and their signature garlic salt!
The Pye Patch
September 26: Brenda away with week, but back next week with bread (Whole wheat and Rosemary Olive breads), eggs, carrots, sweet bell peppers, basil, tomatoes, kale and Swiss chard
Raincoast Wood Turnings
September 26: Rick will miss this market, but we hope he’ll be back before the end of our season with beautiful platters, urns, cutting boards, bowls and more!
Red Damsel Farm
September 26: Late summer bounty! We’ll have Salad mix, braising greens, chard and kale, garlic, onions fresh from the soil, baby patty pans, stuffing zucchini, heirloom tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, mini cucumbers, Romano and green beans, scallions, parsley, and eggs!
September 26: Chipotle Apple, Smokey Peach and Sweet Chili BBQ sauces, as well as a new plum jam from her own fruit, along with the usual Spicy relishes and pickles and low-sugar jams featuring local fruit!
Two Willows Farm
September 26: Carrots, Beets, Arugula, Salad Mix, Scallions, Shallots, Red Onions, Garlic, Garlic Braids, Sprouting Cauliflower, Tomatoes, Basil, Potatoes, Cucumbers, Pears and Kohl Rabi
Community Bake Table
September 26: We hope to have chanterelle mushrooms this week; Silver Rill peaches & cream corn ; the last of the season’s canteloupe; Flour Power is back with scones, baguettes, seedy crackers, muffins and maybe some raisin soda bread; Forever Yum will have maple cinnamon sticky buns; and there will be hot, fresh sourdough loaves from Baker’s Acre; and Willow Tree will be back with Pain au Chocolate and other good things.
Also on hand…
- The Church’s bakery table is open. There will be many options including muffins and date squares to eat on your way out!
Contact Us… Find Us
The North Saanich Farm Market is located at Saint John’s United Church, 10990 West Saanich Road in North Saanich. Our season runs from June 6 to October 10, every Saturday morning from 9:30—11:30.