Pop up Market alert: Red Damsel will be in the back parking lot at St. John’s on Saturdays from October 21st to mid December from 11am to 12 pm for preordered grocery pick up.
PLEASE NOTE REVISED HOURS » 11:00-noon
10990 West Saanich Rd.
At This Week’s Market
Rain or shine, the weekly markets are on!
We run every Saturday from the beginning of June to early October.
Each week, our vendors can vary – but you’ll always be guaranteed a great time and fantastic produce and products. Make sure to check our Facebook page for any late breaking changes to our weekly lineup.
What’s on this week? Well, just click on our Market Map (right) for a printable version of this week’s market – who’s attending and where you can find them.
Coronavirus-19 July 25 Update: With the recent uptick in cases on Vancouver Island, we’ll be adhering strictly to the protocols released by the Provincial Health Officer – so bring your patience, because the wait time might be a little longer!
Before you arrive:
- Please have only one person from your household attend the market if possible.
- As well, our heath officer has decreed no dogs.
- There will be no public access to washrooms. Please plan accordingly.
- We cannot accept egg carton returns at this time.
At the market:
- There is only one entrance to the vendor area and we ask customers to join the entrance queue in the parking lot in front of the St. Aiden’s United Church building. It will be a learning curve for all of us as we become accustomed to this new way of operating.
- We are following all provincial physical distancing requirements, so please stay six feet away from the person in front of you in the line. And please be patient and kind with our volunteers who will be doing their best to see that the line moves as quickly as possible.
- Once inside the market, please follow the route set out in the weekly Market Map (at right) that requires shoppers to flow in one direction only.
- We are allowing lineups of no more than two customers per vendor, also separated by six feet.
- All vendors will have two staff – one handling products and the other dealing with payment.
- We know it’s tempting stop for a chat with your friends or the vendors but unfortunately this is not the moment to do so. We ask that you stay focused on your shopping so that we can reduce crowding and wait times for everyone. Shop and Go.
Finally, to help reduce congestion and lineups, we’re also encouraging people to pre-order produce during the week ahead, and then coming around for pick-up at the market. Scroll down for more information on this.
Vendors & Pre-Ordering
Meet our vendors and explore the produce and products they bring to our market. Everyone shown below will be at this week’s market (note: effective noon on the Friday before).
Starting this year, some of our vendors will be accepting pre-orders, and we encourage you to pre-order the produce you want (where available). Not all vendors will be offering this, but the more you use it, the more vendors will come on board. To pre-order, simply:
- find your vendor
- use their email link to send them an email with your order
- stop by the market on the following Saturday to pay for and pick up your order (please pick up your order by 11:00am or the produce you ordered may be released for purchase by others)
Also look for an email link from vendors who want to hear from you with your comments and questions.
Abeille Amour Apiaries
October 10: They’re back for our final market for your last opportunity this season to try their outstanding local honey and homemade, double-fold vanilla.
October 10: Lots of tomatoes and beans, kale, eggplant, garlic, sweet and hot peppers, pumpkins, onions, winter squash, and eggs
Cheeky Robin Designs
October 10: They won’t be back at the market this season, but watch for them at local Christmas markets!
Marilyn will not be attending any more markets this year (they’ve had difficulty sourcing fabrics due to the pandemic restrictions), but check in with us at the Community Table to see about contacting her for specific requests
October 10: Look for crisp apples and sweet apple cider, potatoes, snap peas; green and yellow beans; scallions; beets; parsley; cherry tomatoes; sun dried tomatoes; and the usual spicy bagged salad mixes
October 10: We’re still waiting to hear if Invinity will be back, but if you can’t wait until their next appearance and want to order direct from them, just click on the button below to contact them!
Little Acre Soap
October 10: Elise made her last appearance of this season last week, so she won’t be at this market
Little Maple Farms
October 10: Stephen will be there this week with broccoli, beautiful and unusual winter squash, bagged mixed salads, and an astounding selection of garlic – and their signature garlic salt!
The Pye Patch
October 10: Brenda is back this week, with bread (Whole wheat and Rosemary Olive breads), eggs, eggplants, kale, Swiss chard and fresh sage
Raincoast Wood Turnings
October 10: Rick will miss this market, but look for his beautiful platters, urns, cutting boards, bowls and more at local Christmas markets!
Red Damsel Farm
October 21-mid-December: Farm grown food can be ordered at https://reddamselfarm.eatfromfarms.com by 9 am Wednesday mornings for pick up at the church on Saturday mornings. Farm pickup is also available on Fridays and Sundays. Our site is basic and straightforward. We’ll make it pretty in the winter when there is less farming.
1. Click on any Product tab
Take a look around at all the available products.There is no minimum order size. You can order anything you see listed.
October 10: Sarah’s back with pear ginger jam, Raspberry Rhubarb Jam, rhubarb BBQ sauce and Sweet Chili BBQ Sauce, Spicy Rhubarb Chutney, bread & butter pickles and – NEW THIS WEEK: Orange Cranberry Sauce (made with organic cranberries), just in time for Turkey dinners!
Two Willows Farm
October 10: Salad Mix, Arugula, Radishes, Potatoes, Carrots, Parsnips, Celeriac, Celery, Spring Onions, Florence Fennel, Kohl Rabi, Red cabbage, Kale, Cucumbers, Chard, Peppers, Garlic, Cilantro ( makes an excellent pesto for freezing in place of Basil), Miniature Spaghetti Squash ( will store till next April)
Community Bake Table
October 10: We’ll have lots of local apples this week, as well as Forest for Dinner’s chanterelle mushrooms, Silver Rill corn, Flour Power is BACK with 2 flavours of granola, baguettes, feta rosemary and cheddar chive savoury scones, vanilla bean, apple cinnamon and granola sweet scones, seedy crackers, lemon loaves, pumpkin pecan loaves and muffins; and there will be hot, fresh sourdough loaves from Baker’s Acre
Also on hand…
- The Church’s bakery table is open. There will be many options including muffins and date squares to eat on your way out!
Nanna D’s Creations will be there with hand-made masks in a variety of styles and fabrics to suit everyone’s needs and taste!
Contact Us… Find Us
The North Saanich Farm Market is located at Saint John’s United Church, 10990 West Saanich Road in North Saanich. Our season runs from June 6 to October 10, every Saturday morning from 9:30—11:30.